Sunday, April 22, 2012

You think you stylin' cause your wearin' J's...



Hey my social network freaks and geeks ( I'm waving at the screen lol ) I'm Chrissyy ( yes, with 2 Y's ). I'm new to this whole blogging scene soooo bare with me, but let me start by telling you a little about myself. I've always had a thing for fashion since I was a little girl ( which wasn't that long ago I'm only 24 ha).  Playing with Barbie I never was the one making her have kids or a family (nope) I always played with her making her a business  woman or a model cause I loved dressing her up. So that's how I saw myself in the future. My mom loved that about me ,  she feed my creativity taking me to go thrifting with her and showing me how to sew at a young age, putting me into modeling, ect. I'll never forget the first pair of jeans she showed me how to make into a skirt. I was so proud of it you know I had to wear it to middle school the next day (lol). Modern clothing I like but my heart beats more for vintage fashion pieces, I guess it comes from my love of classic movies and it just fit me best. But to not bore y'all with my child hood lets fast forward a bit to my reason I'm talking to guys on this very blog. This blog belongs to my very funny, opinionated, smart sisters in-law who asked Me if  I wanted to write my view on fashion so I jumped at the idea. It seemed only right, this new family we seem to be building are all complete fashion junkies in our own rights. Especial the men in our lives are major sneaker heads. My Fiance Kash (who raps by the way so check him out on sound cloud : http://soundcloud.com/da-real-kid-kash) brought back my love for sneakers that I had fell off of after high school. It's like our little love bound now which is great (enough of that mushy crap, but yeah go check his music out. Lol super fiancĂ© promo going on lmao ).

Enough about my life thoo... My main topic for fashion this week is about dressing up your sneakers I figured its only right since this is a sneaker head family.

Ladies and gents sneakers are the fast way to making an outfit urban and fresh. Though it seems the whole world is pretty much on there sneak ish, not everyone wears it right. I know what some might be thinking, "that everyone has there own style"  but what I'm thinking is "not everyone style should happen" (lmao). Just because you wearing Jordan's or any sneaker doesn't mean your stylin', most people go super hard to match that they look so drab and boring, some just don't try to match at all it's like they got dressed in the dark or/and whatever cost them a lot of money they wear every name brand they have in their closet. Jordan's are the most popular urban sneaker that this happens with the most people go get the latest pair and make such a fly pair of kicks so corny with how they choose to dress and accessorize it. The first thing you see is the dudes polo down and then J's on their feet (Come on now that's to predictable an has been done way to much) let's try to which it up now. Here's a few quick Chrissyy fashion tips:


  • Try to avoid matching with block solid colors. Try looking for a top with a print or logo that may have some of the colors in your kick if you wanna match somewhat. Look for the  least obvious color in the sneaker to match your outfit with so now that part of the sneaker pops and becomes more noticeable.



  • Khaki colored pants are the best cause they make any outfit to me look stylish and cool (For you guys tho... as long as they aren't those over sized cargo pockets everywhere pants). Guys lets keep the pants slightly fitted and on our butts please, cause when they are to low it leaves all the fabric on the leg crushed up at the top of your sneaker making you look like little ghetto trolls. Cutting your pants on the side of the hems to make the pants fit over your sneaker is just ugly to me (I don't promote doing that either).


One of my  fashion favorites and tip is everyone should own at least 2 denim shirts a light and medium color in their wardrobe this goes for you ladies as well. It's a sure way to make your outfit look soho hipster fly:


  • For the guys lets keep this shirt kinda fitted so you can wear closed and it looks classy and sexy or open with a cool tee or tank with it. Ladies fitted is always sexy but buying a few sizes bigger looks pretty dope to giving it that kinda tomboy "this could be my boyfriends shirt" feel... Having it a few sizes bigger gives it that room to tie it in front or to wear over shorts to look like a dress  or over leggings to cover your butt a bit there's just so many fashion possibilities).


Now ladies I wanna address the fact that most of yall that wear sneakers go that hard to show them off that y'all are matching everything down to the color of your belt and earrings. Even I've been seeing you adding colors to your weaves to match your kicks ( please STOP) that ish looks ratchet no where is it cute or should be happening at all. (If you feel offended by this you probably are one of these lost fashion souls and I'm glad I offended you cause you offend my eyes when I see that crap lol). Ladies let's keep the weaves simple and as close to NATURAL as possible. As for accessories there isn't a need to make your earring hoops match your outfit or your belt. My #1 fashion favorite accessory is bamboo yellow gold earrings.  Its even in hip hop music like LL cool J states in his song Around the way girl - " You got me shook up shook down shook out on your loving (On your loving) I want a girl with extensions in her hair, Bamboo earrings At least two pair. A Fendi bag and a bad attitude, That's all I need to get me  in a good mood. She can walk with a switch and talk with street slang. I love it when a woman ain't scared to do her thing, Standing at the bus stop sucking on a lollipop. Once she gets pumping its hard to make the hottie stop".  It just a number one fashion tip to look like a urban ( ghetto) cutie lol. Doesn't matter the size but as they say "the bigger the better" ha. But I know with the price of gold being through the roof and we are in a recession buying these gold hoops can be a tad difficult. So here's my fashion tip handed down to me: If you buy a fake pair, to avoid them changing color on you coat them with clear nail polish. (They will last you much longer).

Lastly is for the guys please, please, PLEASE... Stop it with the fake chains that is my number one pet peeve I can't deal. If you can't afford a real chain go get you a good wood chain it's cheaper and it's a dope alternative. Check out their site www.goodwoodnyc.com

 Soooo... Yeah guys thats my fashion thoughts, tips, ( rant lol ) it's just the beginning so stay tuned till next time and make sure you keep up with this blog.This family is doing big things and I love it... Sure you guys will too.

Catch y'all on the fashion flip side. Deuces ( Chris brown voice lol )

-Chrissyy

No comments:

Post a Comment