Sunday, March 18, 2012

Gym or Punishment? What's the difference?

I despise the gym. I mean I really dislike it. I feel like I'm being punished when I have to go. Yet I have a gym membership. I pass. I used to be at the gym everyday. But everyday I went. Everyday I felt like I just didn't belong. That doesn't even make sense. How don't you belong at the gym? Everyone belongs at the gym. The gym is a warm friendly place with a loving atmosphere where people get fit. Negative. To me the gym is a mini school/prison that's divided into three: The Jocks...The Elderlies && The wannabe downers..

The Jocks: They live for the gym. Looks like the situation and the male cast of Jersey Shore. Ripped tank tops...pumped up...sweating and grunting with every push up, pull up, leg press they do. They come up to 3 times a day for hours. They scare me.

The Jocks (Females): They're just as bad. They're the pretty (or not so pretty) ones that has on tiny clothes and super tight pants. And they're lifting weights and running on that elliptical like they're chasing a sale at Nordstrom's. Focused. They're already hot and sexy. They go to keep up. I envy them. They scare me also.

The Elderlies: Usually there in the morning. Crack of dawn with their sneakers and headbands that reminds you of something from the A-Team. Ready to kill. They occupy the treadmill, saunas and the pool. Also, they're front and center in the classes. Trying to keep that arthritis in check

Finally....my team...my crew...my people...give it up forrrrrrrrrr

The wannabe downers: We come for a purpose. We pepped talked our asses out the bed and went to the gym. We don't know proper gym attire. So we wear sweats with big tees. We ain't looking sexy....at all. We go because we wanna be down with the Jocks. We want the staff to know us and say "looking good". Shxt we go to drop that few pounds we talked about so much.

Man, I walk into that gym like I'm a boss and then I look around and wanna run. But it's too late.....the girl already took my key and gave me a lock. Shxt, now if I ask for my keys back I look like a failure. OK you've won this round. I walk into the locker room and it smells like sweat mixed with tears mixed with desperation covered up with Victoria Secrets love spell. I see women naked from the shower. And I think "yeah I damn sure need to be here". I put my stuff in the locker walk out with my head held high ready to bust a sweat. I go into the gym with the mantra "Sweat is just fat crying". Ya know, to make me feel better because my fat about to cry.....a river. I get on that treadmill and start walking. 10 mins into walking I feel like I'm gonna die. Wtf is going on. I look next to me...low and behold there's a jock running her ass off. My fats fat is crying a river and there she is.. Running with just a bit of sweat trickling down her face. Hmmm. Touché jock. You've succeeded in making me feel like ms piggy. Touché. You won this round. (The score is now 2 gym...0 Johanna) But like Arnold said: "I'll be back" I got off the treadmill defeated..got my shxt and went home. And I haven't been back.....in 3 months. Around that same time Bri got hit with a horrible infection and that just canceled the gym all together. Which made it easier not to go..

I know. I know. Excuses. I told you guys I'm full of them. But no....seriously. I'm waiting on Pudd to get her membership because it's proven that having a partner at the gym ups your chances of going everyday. I'm ashamed to say I begged Mel to buy me Kinect Workouts. Which he did for my Xbox Kinect. I used that cd to kill a bug the other day. I hope it works still because until I sum up the courage to go back to the gym...I'll be working out from home. Before the Jock beat me. I went to the gym every morning. 5 days a week...and loved it. I'm not screwing up. I'm gonna do it. So YOU do it too! The biggest lift you'll ever do is getting your ass off the couch. I'm at work (don't get me started) saving lives. If this post is short. I'm sorry! Have a great night! Xoxo

Some motivation for you guys!

Peace && Pink
TPN...

No comments:

Post a Comment